The UK is preparing to host the United Nations Conference of the Parties on Climate Change (COP26) in Glasgow in November 2021.
As we count down to COP26, the UK mission is proud to launch its first environmental photography competition. The idea is to present inspiring environmental photographs of international Geneva and to encourage climate action.
Photos should have an environmental theme. For example, we hope to see entries that inspire us to live sustainably or improve our understanding of the causes, consequences and solutions to climate change.
The winner will receive a state-of-the-art Canon camera (RRP 600 Swiss francs), with prizes also offered for 2nd and 3rd places. All shortlisted people will be invited to a reception hosted by the UK Ambassador, with their photographs on display. A panel of the British mission will judge the applications.
We encourage anyone with a keen eye for photography and an interest in the environment to participate.
The registration deadline is Sunday July 18, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CEST.
How to enter
To enter the competition, send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Last name
- contact phone number
- organization / agency / institution you are associated with
- job title (or student status)
- your entry (we recommend using a file sharing service such as WeTransfer or Google Drive to link to your photo, to prevent quality from being compromised)
- description of your entry (maximum 150 words)
You can enter up to two photographs – separately or together.
By entering the contest, you agree to the following:
- the competition is open to anyone currently working or studying in Geneva, Switzerland (and its immediate surroundings)
- submissions should be closely related to the theme
- participants can submit up to two photographs
- submissions must be uploaded in JPEG or PNG format. Other formats will not be accepted
- photos can be portrait or landscape
- photos must be original and must not infringe any copyright or other rights of third parties
- the UK Mission will not be responsible for any claims or complaints alleging infringement of the rights of third parties
- submissions must not be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory towards any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious, professional or age group, secular or pornographic, or contain elements of nudity
- Submissions must not promote alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms / weapons (or the use of any of the above), any activity that may appear dangerous or unsafe, or any particular political message program
- submissions must not be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate speech
- submissions must not defame, distort, or contain derogatory remarks about other persons or organizations
- the copyright of the material remains with the participants. By entering the Contest, entrants grant an exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license to the United Kingdom Mission in Geneva, for non-commercial purposes, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the Entries (with credit of last name).
- personal data will be processed in accordance with GDPR requirements
Questions should be directed to [email protected]