Updated on Monday, July 11, 2022 at 9:18 p.m.
Find the must-see events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife guide for Monday, July 11 through Sunday, July 17, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to heal your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our list of arts, music and nightlife happening all week long around Houston, Monday through Sunday.
Guide to the day + nightlife in Houston this week: Monday July 11 to Sunday July 17, 2022
- Comedian Billy Wayne Davis at Secret Band | from Thursday to Saturday – A finalist on Last Standing Comicand seen on TV specials like Comedy Central Travel stories, the Tennessee comedian passes by EaDo for a weekend of breathtaking sets. $20 in advance; $25 the day of the show. 8 p.m. every evening.
- Night Market at Montrose Market | Friday to Sunday | No coverage – Once the sun begins to set behind the horizon, browse for bites from food trucks and treats from local vendors at the bustling Evening Market in the heart of Montrose. 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. every evening.
Monday July 11, 2022
Tu esday July 12, 2022
713 day, Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- Sad Summer Fest 2022 at White Oak Music Hall – Wash away the summer malaise with a midweek punk and alternative rock music festival featuring Waterparks, Neck Deep, and more inside and outside WOMH. $45 in advance; $49 the day of the show. 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- SBG 713 Day at the Social Beer Garden | No coverage – The Midtown beer garden serves up signature Purple Drank with CBD-infused gummies, and DJ Mike Z will spin H-Town rap all day, featuring songs from Paul Wall, DJ Screw, Mike Jones, Slim Thug and more. 2 p.m. to 2 a.m.; happy hour until 7 p.m.
- 713 Day at the Ion | FREE – Join the G-Unity Business Lab team to learn more about their partnership with HISD at the Ion prototyping lab, then enjoy a networking happy hour with local beers, bites and beats from DJ Gracie Chavez. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Texas Margarita Trail Finale Party at Warehouse Live – Savor tasty Jimador Tequila margaritas with shows and surprises atop Houston for the Texas Margarita Trail event. $15. 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Two dollar comedy show with a $2 bill – Enjoy an ultra-cheap comedy program and enjoy drink specials at the Midweek Comedy Showcase. $2. 7:30 p.m.
- 713 Day Mixology Course at Fainmous BBQ – In Houston’s Arts District, you can celebrate H-Town with bar bites from Fainmous BBQ, a tasting of the 2022 Houston Margarita Festival-winning marg’, plus a lesson in how to make two cocktails; the Space City Sour and the Bayou Water. $50 and up. 8 p.m.
- More ways to celebrate 713 Day around Houston – Mix it up with more Houston-centric entertainment and activities around the H-Town.
Bastille Day, Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Craft Brew Promenade on 19th Street in the Heights | No coverage – Hop from store to store along 19th Street in the Heights, with a host of Houston craft breweries serving up samples, including Galveston Island, 8th Wonder, Saint Arnold, SpindleTap, Holler, and more. 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Bastille Day Party with 8 1/2 souvenirs at Under the Volcano | No coverage – Celebrate the independence of France with live music from 8 1/2 Souvenirs as well as French drinks (cocktails, wines and beers) and pancakes. 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Bastille Day Houston at Powder Keg – All ages can celebrate the joy of living July 14 at a West Houston party featuring French food, wine, beer and French music from DJ Julien Nolan in the Energy Corridor. $15; $8 for 2 to 12 year olds. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Banks in concert at 713 Music Hall – The alternative pop singer-songwriter appears on the Post Houston music stage for an evening in support of his fourth studio album, serpentine. $30 and up. 8 p.m.
Friday, July 15, 2022
Saturday July 16, 2022
- Office Quiz at Revelry on Richmond | No coverage – Show off your countless The Office excesses and earn some cash at Revelry on Richmond in the Museum Quarter. 3 p.m.
- Pretty Darn Small: A Little Art, Art Exhibition at Hardy & Nance Studios | FREE – The art studio close to the city center presents an exhibition of local artists who have created works of art no larger than 4 inches. 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- HTX Market at No Label Brewing Co. | No coverage – Enjoy an evening of tasty craft beer foam and live music, while you shop for small businesses, makers, artists and artisans at No Label in Katy. 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- 22nd Anniversary Party at the Continental Club | No coverage – Get ready to have a great time celebrating Mid-Main music venue and backyard dive, Continental Club, when they host a Customer Appreciation Night honoring 22 years of service, with a packed concert lineup featuring Johnny Falstaff, the Allen Oldies Band, Bayou City Funk, KALO, the Mighty Orq and more. 7 p.m.
- Los Hermanos/The Brothers Film screening and concert at the Post Houston | FREE – Attend a screening of this documentary centered on two estranged Afro-Cuban musician brothers, who grow up in parallel lives, aspiring to collaborate musically for the first time. After the screening, the brothers themselves, Aldo and Ilmar López-Gavilán, will perform in front of the crowd present. 7:30 p.m.
- Flostradamus at Stereo Live – DJ and musician Flosstradamus visits West Houston’s premier dance venue, Stereo Live, to play original tracks and remix popular songs. $12. 10 p.m.
Sunday July 17, 2022
- Sunday Funday on the Westheimer Curve – Head to one of the city’s most popular neighborhoods and enjoy a Sunday filled with delicious food, Gulf Coast delights, hip bars and more along the iconic Westheimer Bend of Montrose. Hours vary.
- DJ Pauly D at Clé Day & Night – The jerseyshore superstar and DJ take to the decks for an afternoon pool party at Clé in Midtown. $30. 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Glitter’s Got Talent: Glitter Karaoke Singing Contest | No coverage – Attend the final night of the Midtown Karaoke Bar’s six-night singing contest, where finalists compete for a $1,000 prize. $10 entry fee if you want to compete. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Comedian Mary Lynn Rajskub at Houston Improv – Found in shows like Philadelphia is always sunny and Brooklyn nine-nineand alongside Adam Sandler in love stuffed with punch, the actor and comedian performs one night only at West Houston’s Improv. Tickets are sold at the table; $40 for 2 or more. 7:30 p.m.
Discover more activities in Houston all year round
You can find more fun in our interactive events calendar and 365 weekend guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to get a roundup of the great things to do this weekend in Houston delivered to your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also sign up for our daily update emails (sent six days a week).
Click here to register for free.