Shop from local artisans, farmers, small businesses and vendors at a wide range of indoor and outdoor pop-up markets taking place in and around Houston in December 2021.
Over the past few months, Houston has seen dozens of local vendors and farmers’ markets flourish across the city, providing opportunities for everyone to shop locally and support H-Town’s small businesses.
We’ve rounded up 10 of the most attractive markets happening in the city of Houston in December 2021, but you can find more holiday markets with our guide to holiday season pop-ups.
If you want to dig deeper into the theme of the holidays and other weekly and monthly markets not mentioned here, take a look at our calendar.
Pop-up Markets in Houston: December 2021
Many of these markets continue to adapt to changing health and safety precautions, so be sure to check with the organizer before you present their policy on things like face masks, social distancing or whether it allows cash transactions.
Week of Monday, November 29, 2021
- Holiday Party at Levy Park | Saturday 4 December & Sunday December 5 | FREE – Bring the whole family to the park for the fourth annual Levy Park Holiday Festival. The free two-day festival features a holiday market, craft station, live music performances throughout the park, a special River Oaks Dance performance, a free photo booth with special guests including Santa and characters holiday packages from Vitacca Dance; and food and drink concessions. From noon to 5 p.m.
- Bayou City Clay Crawl 2021 in several studios | Sunday 5 December | FREE – Get your hands on unique clay creations that make great gifts this holiday season when the Bayou City Clay Crawl opens 7 ceramic studios across town for visitors to experience, learn about the art world of clay, and buy unique pieces to sell. Although mostly located in the heights, the studios are also extended to Second Ward and Independence Heights. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pop-up Christmas Market in Old Town Harrisburg | Sunday 5 December | No cover – Head to the East End to shop at the local stores and vendors at a charming open air market. Expect live music, folk ballet performances, a bounce house, kids’ games and more. From noon to 5 p.m.
- Mistletoe Christmas Market at Trading Spaces HTX | Sunday 5 December | No cover – Discover new vendors just in time for the holiday season at the Mistletoe Market in Spring Branch. Have a few drinks, snacks, and shop thoroughly. From noon to 6 p.m.
Week of Monday, December 6, 2021
- Midtown 2021 Mistletoe Market at Bagby Park | Friday 10 and Saturday 11 December | FREE – Get a head start on your vacation shopping at the annual Midtown Houston Mistletoe Market, a boutique-style market in Bagby Park. Admire the beautiful holiday decor as you stroll the aisles that feature fine art, handmade crafts, epicurean-style dishes, holiday movie screenings, DIY gift stations, and live entertainment. From noon to 8 p.m.
- German Tomball Festival Christmas Market at Tomball Railroad Depot Plaza | From Friday December 10 to Sunday December 12 | FREE – Do like the Germans and celebrate Christmas with lots of food, beer and wine, plus live music on three stages, a petting zoo and a holiday market with over 150 antique and craft vendors , memories, and more. Times vary.
- Heights Mercantile Holiday Market in the Heights | Saturday December 11 | No cover – Dotted along the promenade and sidewalks of Heights Mercantile, you’ll find a holiday market featuring produce and gifts from local artists and small traders. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Horror Market at the Raven Tower | Saturday 11 December – The horror market is back, with plenty of gift ideas for the scary movie lovers in your life, as well as a list of horror movie celebrities like Halloween, Horror show, Horror movie, and more. Tickets are $ 5, with a special set of souvenir posters available. From noon to 6 p.m.
- Bazar sur le Bayou: Winter Market at White Oak Music Hall | Sunday December 12 | No cover – Over 75 local vendors will be on hand for this oversized winter market at White Oak Music Hall later this month. The pet-friendly market will host DJs, and guests can also enjoy a drink on the patio of the Raven Tower. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Week of Monday December 13, 2021
- A BLCK Christmas Market at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum | Saturday, December 18 – This third annual holiday market created by the minds behind BLCK Market offers the opportunity to shop from local black-owned businesses to find the perfect gift for your friends and family, or just for yourself. Limited free admissions are available; $ 5 after that. 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Holiday Brunch! Mixer & Market at Pitch 25 Beer Park | Sunday December 19 | No cover – At EaDo, this annual market returns to Pitch 25, offering a yoga session and a fitness bootcamp to support a selection of party vendors and manufacturers. Plus, try your worst at the Ugly Sweater Contest, snap a photo with Santa Claus, and enjoy live music, food, drink, and more. Yoga and fitness bootcamps cost $ 5 each; entry into the market is free. 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.