Kena: Bridge of Spirits is an indie action-adventure game on PS5 and PS4 from developer Ember Lab. It is a light adventure with fights, platforms and puzzles.
In this Kena: Spirit Bridge Guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the game. tips and tricks for beginners, how to unlock all trophies, and where to find all collectibles. If you’re looking for all the rot, every flower shrine, and all the hats, you’ve come to the right place.
Please note that this guide is a work in progress. Check back soon, as we’ll be completing this guide and all of our other guides as we discover more in Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits Guide: All Collectibles
There are a lot of collectibles to be found in Kena: Bridge of Spirits. The in-game map keeps track of your overall progress towards these collectibles, but it does not indicate where they are located. If you’re looking for where to find all of the collectibles, we’ll go through them below.
- To rot: Rot is a kind of cute little forest elf that Kena brings together to help her on her quest. These little beings will hide everywhere – under logs and stones, in carved tablets and sometimes in chests. You will usually need to pulse (L1) and then press Triangle to collect them.
- Hats: As if the Rot wasn’t cute enough already, you can adorn these little black buddies with hats. These are also found all over the game, often found inside chests. They’re also given to you when you find Hat Wagons (where you can buy the hats you’ve found and equip them), and are also sometimes rewards for solving puzzles or completing challenges.
- Flower sanctuaries: There are special statues around the world called flower sanctuaries. When you first find them, they will be covered in corruption, but you can take them out with the use of a Forest Tear. Once cleared, Flower Sanctuaries will normally give you a pile of Gems.
- Spiritual mail: Spirit Mail is a message that has not been delivered to lost souls. Appearing in the world as golden bags, these well-hidden items will appear in small numbers throughout the game. Once you find one, a drop point will be marked on your map, which will unlock a new area.
- Cursed Chests: Usually chests will have a blue emblem on the front, but sometimes you will find one with an orange emblem. These are cursed chests, and before you can access what’s inside you’ll need to complete a combat challenge.
- Places of meditation: In the most picturesque places of the game you will find spots for meditation. These well-hidden areas allow Kena to meditate, constantly increasing her maximum health. A big help against some of the toughest enemies in the game!
- Gems: You will find Gems all over Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Found in pots, hanging decorations, chests, etc., these gems are used to buy hats in hat carts for your rot to wear.
- Karma: Another currency that you will get quite frequently is karma. Awarded for various actions, such as defeating enemies, clearing corruption from Flower Sanctuaries, and restoring the world at large. Karma is used to unlock enhancements to Kena’s abilities.
The game map is divided into different regions, each with their own collectible checklists.
All collectibles locations
Below is a list of each region in Kena: Bridge of Spirits, with guides on where to find all of the collectibles in each location.
Here are some checklist guides for each type of collectible in Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits Guide: Tips, Help & FAQs
In this part of our Kena: Spirit Bridge Guide, we have information on the PS5 and PS4 trophies, common questions and more.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits Guide: Tips and Tricks for Beginners
In this section of our Kena: Bridge of Spirits guide, we have some general tips, tricks and tips for new players. Read them to stay ahead of the game.
Collect as many collectibles as you can find
The thing about Kena: Bridge of Spirits collectibles is that they all benefit you in one way or another. Finding more Rot creatures will help you in battles and puzzles, in addition to making you progress. Restoring Flower Sanctuaries will reward you with karma, which is used to purchase upgrades. Meditation spots permanently increase your health. Spirit Mail will open up new places to explore. Hats go … well, actually, hats don’t do anything, but they’re cute. The point is, pretty much everything in the game has a purpose, so exploring and finding everything is very beneficial for you.
Get the Rot Hammer Upgrade
Seriously, the Rot Hammer upgrade is worth it. Save your Karma and get this upgrade – it’s super powerful, especially at the start of the game. It turns your heavy attack into a massive rot infused hammer that can attack from a distance. The other buffs are great too, but this one will save your skin from mini-bosses.
Rot are very useful in combat
Although the Rot Hammer is very effective, remember that the Rot can help you in many other ways. During a fight, you will slowly develop courage, which will lead to rotting action. When ready, the Rot can deal damage directly to enemies, find blue flowers that will heal you, and, yes, give some of your attacks a boost. It’s easy to forget that these options are open to you, but they will be invaluable as you advance through the game and take on its more difficult fights.
Use warp stones to quickly travel around the world
Kena: Bridge of Spirits doesn’t really tell you that, but at key points in the game world there are some big stones that allow you to travel fast. These warp stones are a bit like bonfires in Dark Souls; you can use them to browse the map much faster than going back.
Photo mode has a cheesy button to say
We included this one for fun, but it’s true. Kena: Bridge of Spirits has a photo mode – accessed by pressing Up on the D-pad – and, after pressing L1 to unfreeze the action, you can tell any character in the frame to look at the camera. and smile while pressing X. It’s quite adorable.
This does it for our Kena: Spirit Bridge Guide. Hope you have found it useful while exploring this beautiful game and its world. Do you like Kena: Bridge of Spirits? Leave more tips and tricks in the comments section below.