Dark armpits are mainly caused by the following reasons;
- Irritation caused by shaving
- Strong chemical irritants in deodorants and antiperspirants
- Hyperpigmentation such as an increase in melanin
- Dead cells due to infrequent exfoliation
- Friction caused by tight clothing
Here are quick remedies to get rid of dark armpits naturally;
Lemon has antibacterial properties which act as a natural bleaching agent. It helps exfoliate cells that become dead over time. Turmeric contains a chemical known as curcumin, which is an antioxidant and helps lighten skin tone in the armpit area.
- .Get a clean bowl
- Pour two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Add two tablespoons of turmeric to make a paste
- Mix well and apply on your armpits
- After 30 minutes, rinse off the paste.
NB: This paste must be applied to your armpits three times a week for a good result.
Tomato also contains bleaching properties that naturally help reduce discoloration.
- Wash armpits with lukewarm water
- Slice the raw tomato and daily, rub under the armpits.
- After 30 minutes, rinse.
NB: Apply the tomato to your armpits overnight for faster results.
Coconut oil contains vitamin E, which is essential for skin lightening.
- Massage coconut oil into your armpits for 20 minutes daily, coconut oil will evenly blend your skin tone.
- Grate a potato and squeeze the juice
- Apply the juice to your armpits for 10 minutes,
- Rinse your armpits with cold water
Applying these natural remedies will lighten your armpits, although there are preventative measures you should observe to avoid dark armpits.
- Stop shaving and start epilating your armpits.
- Stop using harsh chemical irritants in deodorants and antiperspirants or hair removal creams
- Take a bath twice a day to eliminate excess bacteria left in your armpits from sweating.